This week, The HowNow focuses on workplace safety. As the HowFactory team talk to more and more clients facing safety concerns – and the need to document those safety concerns – we got curious about safety. We cringed at these epic safety fails, learned about significant investments in safety from the Department of Labor, and more. Happy learning, makers.
The HowNow is out for the week ending September 29, 2015:
- Earlier this year, ISO 45001 came out to standardize health and safety practices.
- The 5 biggest obstacles to workplace safety – #1 is lack of training. (Contact HowFactory, we can help you here!)
- A VW worker killed by a robot…or by human error?
Also, other news of note for manufacturers:
- Desktop CNC Mills? Yes, that’s a thing.
- Friday is Manufacturing Day 2015! Choose from over 2,000 events worldwide and join the world tweeting cools stuff at #MfgDay15.
- See the data behind this quote: “Manufacturers in the United States are innovators, driving more groundbreaking discoveries than in any other sector.”
About The HowNow:
The HowNow features curated articles of interest to manufacturers, industrial worker training, kaizen of all kinds, and the American maker movement. Want to make YOUR manufacturing operation better, faster, stronger, and able to leap buildings in a single bound?HowFactory helps you get there with software for creating, updating, and collaborating on electronic work instructions, SOPs, and industrial training materials. See us online atwww.HowFactory.com.